Sunday, October 30, 2011

FURocious

Source: netaporter.com
I am blaming the September issues... it all started with the Donna Karan ads. I saw a coat - so smooth, so warm, so unattainable I was in love. Then it was everywhere - fur - faux and not so faux. I was torn and adoring all that I saw. In the past I have really thinking it through - how does one do non-bulky fur? Is the style? The type of fur? The length of the item? So many questions and no idea where to begin. So I did what any resourceful young lady with the internet at her finger tips might do. I scoured the internet in search of all that was furry and good. Here are my to adore finds - hopefully they will inspire you...

Source: Netaporter.com
Source: Reissonline.com
This is gilet has a lovely high collar and in the light grey colour will make a great combination with ton sur ton options. I love this length because it gives you the chance to belt it or wear it loose bohemian style and if if you are a twiglet over a blazer and layer things up. But you can also find a true treasure in the more affordable ranges - such as this find from Topshop. I think it has that retro French feel to it that makes it truly cool.
Source: topshop.com
Source: Topshop.com
I also love the full-on coat look - think less Dynasty and more soft, buttery and lean - such as the versions on Netaporter. But if you are thinking of giving it your best Crystal flick then Topshop has a faux fox that might leave you and Blake feeling Carrington-like foxy.
Source:Topshop.com


And if it all just to much - maybe just stick to a collar which can smarten up any coat. I have even been fortunate even to have inherited a few from my grannie - can I say the ones that had the potential to talk to me, bite me or worse were kindly declined. How did women back then wear those things and think they were the height out fashion? That said I had purple and green striped Espirt leggings in the 80s that I thought totally rocked. Hmmm all is relative. So even with the fur trend this season I think the key thing - is keep warm. If the New York blizzard is anything to go by it will get cold soon and that is no reason not be fashionable.





Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous CC Down Under said...

I'm liking the Reiss Gillet, thanks for the inspiration!

October 31, 2011 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Coffee Cream and the Caffeine said...

Loving the velvet mini dress !

www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

November 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home