Monday, April 11, 2011

Mixing it up!

I am guessing that if we were all rich girls (Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na - see who said life isn't a musical) we would have all the designer dubs our hearts desired but reality might bring more limitations that we hope for. So we have to be clever in our pursuit of style which inevitably leads to ... you guessed I am that predictable ... mixing it up.

Our best Zara mixed with our favourite Chanel sunnies and LK Bennett shoes and Celine handbag (although I am still pining the Alexander Wang bag). So what are our designer essentials and where can we save a few $ € £.

Here's my go-to list:

SPEND BIG TIME
Chloe Paraty Bag - my love
Handbags - listen ladies two Curvy Girl rules - shoes and handbags will NEVER make you look fat. If treated with love and care the investment can last a lifetime. In fact I know use vintage clutches from my grannie and love her even more for it.

SPEND LITTLE TIME
Michael Kors
Watch - to me a man's watch is the sexiest thing on a woman. It instantly makes a wrist smaller and adds a touch of funkiness in fact it is a true funkifier. But a good man's watch doesn't to cost a fortune. Sure we all would prefer a Rolex Submariner, but in my book Longines or even Michael Kors make equally love objects of desire.

Jacket/Blazers - doesnt need to cost an arm and a leg (after all you'll need that arm hahaha) but it does need to fit you and slenderize you. So spend a little more, look a little more lovely.

http://www.zara.com/
Shoes - Zara does FANTASTIC designer to highstreet translations as does Topshop and I love LK Bennett for my party shoes but whenever possible I urge you do go for the plunge and spend a lot on my guru friends Manolo and Christian or Charlotte or Nicholas - you pick I love them all dearly.

RECOVER BIGGER TIME
T-shirts and fashion moment items - we all have them the one season wears. I whole heartedly believe in the power of ASOS. My go to for all fashion finds. Specifically because my fashion is more UK and NL so I love being able to stay to my fashion me and let my fingers do the shopping plus with paypal I am all but a click away...

so shop away my friends...and dont forget to mix it up!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home